It's all about bouncing back

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Soon to Be Classic Quips from Mitch Hedberg's "Do You Believe in Gosh?"


I had the recent honor of listening to an advance copy of Comedy Central's soon to be released Mitch Hedberg performance CD "Do You Believe in Gosh?"

In my review, though, I didn't have a chance to include some of my favorite jokes from the CD. Here is just a sampling of the many that I think will soon become oft-quoted Herberg classics:

"I'm drinking Nyquil on the rocks -- for when you're feeling sick, but sociable."

"I'm done with the soup of the day. I want to know what the soup will be from now on."

"If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I would be making money in a really weird way."

"Every Improv has the name of the club spelled out on the brick wall behind the stage. If you have a bad set and come back the next night, they add an "e" on to the end."

"I'm working for 50% of the door tonight; and 50% of the door tomorrow night. By Sunday, I will have a complete door."

"The easiest way to collect stamps is to stop mailing shit."

"The sign on the record store said 'Hard to Find Records and Tapes.' Nothing in the store was alphabetized."

If you like these, you will definitely enjoy the dozens of additional gems that grace "Do You Believe in Gosh?" The CD will be released on Sept. 9th by Comedy Central Records.

No comments: