It's all about bouncing back

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Funniest School in America


Few experiences shape our mind, character and opinions more than school. Something happened yesterday which caused me to ponder how much my choice of university has influenced my taste in comedy (or perhaps it's the other way around?) I was flipping through some alumni materials recently and found that, much to my extreme delight, Lewis Black, John Hodgman and Dmitri Martin all went to my college! (Okay -- I knew about Hodgman since he mentions it in his book), but the others were a wonderful surprise.

That particular set of comedic talents shares such a strong intelligence and subtle wit that I admire them almost as much or more than the tremendous set of traditional scholars that the place has produced. So thanks to each of them for doing the ol' alma mater proud.

No comments: